We are seeking to hire the following position: Assistant Building Steward
This is a part time position, reporting to the Building Steward.
The hours of assignment will vary at the direction of the Building Steward.
Work schedule will be assigned mostly during the evenings; Monday through Thursday, and on Saturday, during the day, as needed. The assignment includes serving as a building host while performing custodial duties.
The position responsibilities include the repair and maintenance of property and equipment of First Christian Church.
Perform normal day to day custodial tasks as needed to maintain the building and property in a safe and clean manner.
Perform tasks as assigned.
- Able to speak, read, and write in the English language
- Able to operate typical cleaning equipment: sweepers, buffers, mops, snow removal equipment, brooms
- Able to mix and use chemical cleaning agents
- Use common tools properly: small power tools, hand tools,
- Able to move furniture, unassisted or with the use of hand trucks
- Basic understanding of electrical and plumbing repairs
- Able to set up, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, risers, scaffolding to prepare for events such as dinners and meetings.
- Able to walk, stoop, push, carry, climb stairs and ladders, bend and lift moderately heavy objects
- Able to climb ladders and wash windows
- Able to perform all assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with members, participants, and guests
To apply: submit resume to Ryan Arnold email@example.com by December 6, 2016.