First Christian Church is looking for a Long-term Interim Choir Director and Organist. If you are interested in the position, or know a good candidate, please see below.
Posted: January 11, 2018
The Long-term Interim Choir Director and Organist is responsible for leading and managing the planning, rehearsals, and performances of the chancel choir and for organ performances occurring in the sanctuary of First Christian Church.
This is a fifteen (15) hour per week position, reporting to the Senior Minister. Compensation range between $20,000 and $25,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Paid time off included.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rehearse weekly (or as otherwise agreed upon) with Chancel Choir, small instrumental groups, and other special musicians as needed.
- Manage paid musicians and artists as they pertain to worship services.
- Maintain music library and equipment relative to music and/or musicians.
- Provide organ music for regularly scheduled worship services, and on a case by case basis at special services, weddings, and funerals.
- Attend and participate in once monthly music-planning meetings with staff and volunteers.
Position Requirements and Core Competencies:
- Proficiency in organ and choir direction.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple objectives with good time and project management.
- Ability to interact positively and in a friendly manner as a representative of the church with all contacts including staff, church members, guests, news
outlets, and vendors.
- Good team member, able to work well with people of diverse backgrounds and opinions to complete shared tasks.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
All applications should be submitted electronically and include a resume and cover letter. Inquiries and applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until February 22, 2018, or until the position is filled.