First Christian Church is looking for a part-time Children & Youth Director. If you are interested in the position, or know a good candidate, please see below. Interested applicants: please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than April 13, 2018.
Posted March 17, 2018:
The Children and Youth Director assists the congregation in implementing ministry with children, youth, young adults, and families so that they may know the joy of living in a theologically progressive faith community rooted in God’s love and grace and they may develop a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. The Children and Youth Director advocates for the inclusion of children, youth, young adults, and families in all aspects of congregational life.
The Children and Youth Director serves as a program staff for 10 -12 hours per week (summer hours may be reduced at the discretion of the Minister) reporting to the Minister. Compensation range between $25 and $28 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the children and youth ministry and serve as a liaison throughout the congregation including:
- Help discern and call people to leadership positions and other opportunities in the children and youth ministry.
- Develop and provide volunteer training.
- Work closely with volunteers to implement all aspects of the ministry.
- Ensure compliance with child safety policies and procedures.
- Provide support and resources to the middle and high school youth.
- Coordinate annual youth trips, including fundraising and mission experiences.
- Coordinate summer camp registration for children and youth.
- Coordinate and oversee childcare functions.
- The position requires occasional work on Sundays, as needed.
Skills and qualifications:
- FCCDM seeks a professional youth leader who has a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith and who has a strong desire to nurture young people in the Christian faith in a theologically progressive faith community. We seek a person who generates creative ideas and programs. We also seek a person who values a team concept of ministry.
- Ordained or non-ordained.
- Appropriate education and/or experience in Youth and Children’s Ministry.
- The ability and passion to work with youth, children, and young adults.
- An understanding of child development and skill level.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- The applicant must pass a background screening.
All applications should be submitted electronically and include a resume and cover letter. Inquiries and applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until April 13, 2018, or until the position is filled.